JAKARTA, Indonesia – Hilton (NYSE: HLT), Asia’s fastest-growing hospitality company, has been named for the first time to Indonesia’s Best Workplaces list, achieving the #2 spot in the large-sized business category. Hilton is also the highest-ranked hospitality company on the list. Awarded by global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work®, this win marks Hilton’s second workplace culture win in South East Asia this year, where Hilton was also the top-ranked hospitality company to appear on the Philippines Best Workplaces 2023 list.
“Following our win in the Philippines, we are proud to be receiving this inaugural accolade in Indonesia. This award further underscores the trust that our team members place in Hilton and the strength of our purpose-driven and workplace culture. Our team members are the heart and soul of our business, and we will continue to invest in an empowering environment where they can grow and thrive in the ways that matter to them,” said Alexandra Murray, area vice president & head of South East Asia, Hilton.
With a workforce spanning over 1,500 in Indonesia — of which close to 90 per cent of leadership positions are held by Indonesians — this recognition is a result of positive feedback from team members in the country. To help team members realize the myriad of growth opportunities at Hilton and bring their best selves to work, Hilton’s initiatives include:
- Thrive@Hilton, Hilton’s employer value proposition that cultivates meaningful opportunities and a workplace culture where all team members can thrive regardless of background, role and location.
- Hilton South East Asia Management Trainee program that set the benchmark in producing the next generation of hospitality leaders.
- Lead@Hilton, an industry-leading learning platform that offers a suite of learning resources on management and leadership, including a Leadership Unscripted video series where senior leaders share career advice and virtual development programs created in partnership with Harvard.
- Careers@Hilton, which provides guidance and highlights opportunities for young people in the hospitality industry through annual awareness campaigns.
- Go Hilton, Hilton’s popular team member travel program which offers discounted travel benefits.
- Care for All, a new industry-leading caregiving initiative designed to support team members on their caregiving journeys. The Care for All platform is an expansion of Hilton’s mental wellness hub, where it aims to support team members in caring not only for themselves, but also for those closest to them.
To determine the 2023 Indonesia Best Workplaces list, Great Place to Work® analyzed confidential survey feedback representing nearly 20,000 employees across different industries. 85% of the evaluation is based on what employees say about their experiences of trust and reaching their full human potential as part of their organization. The remaining 15% is based on an assessment of the company’s values, leadership effectiveness and approach towards innovation.